Konica Minolta has partnered with ActivIdentity, a global leader in strong authentication and credential management, to develop a comprehensive Common Access Card (CAC)/Personal Identification Verification (PIV) card Solution that meets the most technically aggressive requirements put forth by the Department of Defense (DoD) and other highly secure government facilities for user access and authentication to bizhub MFPs.
The Konica Minolta bizhub CAC/PIV solution has been developed to reside and run within the bizhub MFP. It meets the Federal Government’s two factor authentication requirement and is designed to interface with standard CAC/PIV card readers and is compatible with all CAC and PIV cards available today. The partnership with ActivIdentity ensures all cards available today as well as those released in the future will be fully compatible with Konica Minolta MFP’s.
- The solution supports network user authentication via Active Directory.
- Digitally signed and certified email directly from the bizhub MFP using the CAC/PIV users’ standard email credentials.
- Scan to email supports Encryption (AES 256 bit) and Digital Signature
- The system also supports access to network and local SMB (shared) folders with complete user rights.
- Secure and encrypted printing using CAC encryption methods.
- Public Key Infrastructure Certificate (PKI) card printing secures and encrypts sensitive prints which are held at the Konica Minolta bizhub MFP until the user logs in with their CAC/PIV card to retrieve them.
- Scan to Me (logged-in users’ email address).
- Scan to Home (users’ shared folder as defined in Active Directory).
- CAC authenticated Secure Printing.
- CAC upgrade Currently submitted for ISO 15408 (Common Criteria) Security Certification at EAL3.
- Middleware is NOT required.
- Embedding ActivClient into the Konica Minolta bizhub MFD provides guaranteed support for all historical versions of CAC Smart Cards. ActivClient supports all of the current and future CAC profiles. The following card types are supported: Gemalto (32K, 64K), Oberthur (32K, 64K), CAC v1, CAC v2, GSCIS, PIV Transitional, PIV End-state.